The Companion/Homemaker/Sitter is a non-certified non-professional worker who can perform the basic life skills necessary to keep a household functioning. May also provide companionship, monitor safety, and run errands or transport the clients to appointments and shopping.
LHC Group is the preferred post-acute care partner for hospitals, physicians and families nationwide. From home health and hospice care to long-term acute care and community-based services, we deliver high-quality, cost-effective care that empowers patients to manage their health at home. Hospitals and health systems around the country have partnered with LHC Group to deliver patient-centered care in the home. More hospitals, physicians and families choose LHC Group, because we are united by a single, shared purpose: It's all about helping people.
Almost Family, a part of LHC Group, is currently seeking clinicians/professionals that want to join our team to help improve the well being of our patients and their families.
As noted by independent analysts, LHC Group consistently outperforms the industry in the percentage of our locations rating four stars or more. We are helping drive better outcomes for our patients nationwide.
If you're seeking a unique opportunity to take your career to the next level, it just arrived!
LHC Group is the preferred post-acute care partner for hospitals, physicians and families nationwide. From home health and hospice care to long-term acute care and community-based services, we deliver high-quality, cost-effective care that empowers patients to manage their health at home.
1. High school diploma or GED preferred
2. Basic life skills
3. Informal experience with assisting the elderly preferred
4. Desire to work with seniors and other adults with disabilities
5. Able to communicate with clients/families and emergency systems personnel
6. Able to work with minimal supervision
1. Works under the supervision of the Case Coordinator, Clinical Manager, or Agency Director with working hours being established on a case-by-case basis.
2. Performs tasks only as assigned in a written care plan
3. Performs routine household tasks as assigned in a written care plan including:
b. Changing linens
c. Dusting and vacuuming
d. Cleaning the bathroom
e. Cleaning the kitchen, doing dishes
f. Taking out trash
g. Other household chores as assigned that do not require strenuous effort (cleaning a closet, sweeping the porch, etc.)
h. Run errands
i. Meal preparation (grocery planning and shopping)
j. NOTE: duties do not include heavy housework such as washing windows, moving furniture, other chores requiring climbing ladders, etc.
4. Practices universal precautions, basic home safety, and utilizes good body mechanics
5. Understands and can implement emergency protocols
6. Provides companionship
7. Maintains records as required:
a. Documents tasks preformed with each visit
b. Keeps accurate time records
8. Notifies supervisor of significant changes to the client’s situation, accidents, damage to the client’s property, requests to perform services not included on the assignments, requests to change hours, etc.