LHC Group is the preferred post-acute care partner for hospitals, physicians and families nationwide. From home health and hospice care to long-term acute care and community-based services, we deliver high-quality, cost-effective care that empowers patients to manage their health at home. Hospitals and health systems around the country have partnered with LHC Group to deliver patient-centered care in the home. More hospitals, physicians and families choose LHC Group, because we are united by a single, shared purpose: It's all about helping people.
The Community Based Services Executive Director is responsible for the administration of the day to day operations of the
community based services business line. This includes: coordinating and completing assigned projects to effectively support the
immediate and long range objectives of the company, responsible for eligibility and admission of the client and supervision of
care provided, implementing and maintaining administrative practices, agency philosophy, goals, and policies which assure
compliance with applicable state and federal regulations and enhancing the profitability of the agency. Providing motivation and
retention of a qualified staff and assure the quality of services delivered. This position also acts as a liaison with management
staff and other departments throughout the agency.
*Ensures that only qualified personnel are hired. Verifies licensure, certification and credentialing as required by law and policy
prior to employment and annually thereafter. On an on-going basis, ensure maintenance of records to support competency of
* Provides and oversees orientation for personnel.
* Assures regularly scheduled continuing education for personnel and supervises compliance of staff with online learning
* Assists with staff recruitment to ensure that adequate staffing is maintained. Operates within the staffing model.
* Acts as a liaison between staff, patients, the medical community, and upper management to ensure information is shared
appropriately among the LHC Team.
* Performs staff conferences as needed and mandatory in-services including but not limited to monthly staff/safety meetings.
* Evaluating performance of staff and identifying and implementing methods of professional development as needed.
* Supervises the maintenance and accuracy of patient care and employee records. Ensures compliance to policy.
* Ensures confidentiality and security of client records.
* Oversee staffing requests and the ability to meet employee needs. Taking appropriate action as needed to provide quality
* Coordinates admission of all patients.
* Monitors client charts. Updates Plan of Care at least every 3 months to make sure all information is accurate and up to date.
* Inputs client information into CBS System in a timely manner. Makes sure information is complete, accurate, and current.
* Ensures all appropriate and updated employee staffing/scheduling comments are in the computer, including but not limited to
DNU (do not use) status.
* Maintains good working relationships with clients and employees.
* Provides supervision to direct reports.
* Responds promptly to all hourly care and insurance case referrals.
* Documents all employee and client related activities in a timely manner.
* Supervises daily office activities to ensure that effective and efficient operations are in place to provide quality service and
assist as needed.
* Develops and works within quarterly/annual office budget.
* Participates in orientation and in-services education as needed.
* Reviews weekly operations reports, weekly metrics, productivity and agency financial statements to ensure the organization is
on target with budgeted goals. Follows up, addresses issues, and implements action plans as appropriate to meet goals.
* Responds to and effectively deals with client and employee complaints and problems.
* Participates in the QAPI program. Ensures follow-up on any required action plans.
* Accessible and available during all hours in which services are being provided to clients
* Ensures phones are answered promptly with messages accurately documented and delivered to appropriate staff.
* Responsible for weekly face to face sales calls.
* Case Management of clients/patients as appropriate.
* All other duties as assigned.
One year of CBS management experience preferred.
Current driver's license, vehicle insurance and access to a dependable vehicle, or public transportation.
Licensed RN preferred.
Current driver's license, vehicle insurance and access to a dependable vehicle, or public transportation
Arkansas: Must be an agency employee who is a physician, registered nurse, OR has at least 1 year of supervisory or
administrative experience in home health care or related health provider programs
Kentucky: High School Graduate or GED equivalent. Can be RN|LPN
Missouri: (1) can be a RN OR (2) has a BS OR (3) be a LPN who has one year experience with the direct care to the elderly OR
(4) have at least 3 years' experience with the direct care to the elderly disabled or must complete a provider certification
course within 6 months of hire and annually attend division sponsored training for updates
North Carolina: Must be a health care practitioner who is licensed, certified, or registered to provide direct care to patients; OR
an individual with at least 2 years of supervisory or management experience in home care or other licensed health care
program; OR an individual with a bachelors degree in health, business, or public administration science and at least 1 year
of supervisory or management experience in home care or other licensed health care program
Oregon: High School diploma or equivalent and 2 years of professional or management experience in a health care field or
Texas: Must be a licensed nurse OR have completed two years of full-time study at an accredited college or university. An
individual with a high school diploma or general equivalence diploma (GED) may substitute one year of full-time employment
in a supervisory capacity in a healthcare facility, agency, or community based agency for each required year of college
Washington: High School Graduate or GED equivalent