Under the direct supervision of a Registered Nurse or Licensed Practical Nurse, the Certified Nursing Assistant CNA performs routine tasks in patient care and bedside nursing. This position requires direct patient care.
LHC Group is the preferred post-acute care partner for hospitals, physicians and families nationwide. From home health and hospice care to long-term acute care and community-based services, we deliver high-quality, cost-effective care that empowers patients to manage their health at home. Hospitals and health systems around the country have partnered with LHC Group to deliver patient-centered care in the home. More hospitals, physicians and families choose LHC Group, because we are united by a single, shared purpose: It's all about helping people.
* Able to obtain vital signs to include temperature, pulse, blood pressure, respirations, and SaO2 accurately on a daily basis.
* Measures fluid intake and output accurately every shift. Measures meal intake daily in percentages and submits to the nurse
taking care of the patient at the end of the shift.
* Collects specimens according to hospital policy and procedure on an as needed basis. Able to give enemas, douches, and/or
sitz baths as directed according to hospital policy and procedure on an as needed basis.
* Follow s standard and isolation precautions according to hospital policy and procedure on a daily basis.
* Able to recognize potential for or actual skin problems and reports to the nurse on an as needed basis.
* Able to bathe patients according to hospital policy and procedure on a daily basis. Able to perform ADL's as directed by the
nurse on a daily basis.
* Makes patient beds according to hospital policy and procedure on a daily basis.
* Able to apply splints and adaptive equipment as directed by therapists or nurse on as needed basis.
* Able to follow through with the Bow el and Bladder program for patients as directed by nurse.
* Follow s all/Risk protocol by careful observation of those patients that are at risk for falls on a regular basis.
* Able to obtain accurate patient w eight using rolling sling bed scale, wheel chair scale, bed scale and/or standup scale on as
* Demonstrates safe and proper transfer techniques and body mechanics when working with patients such as when turning or
* Correctly administers dysphagia techniques during meal time with patients that have swallowing problems on a daily basis.
* Able to demonstrate the proper use of equipment as directed by the nurse or therapist according to hospital policy and
procedure (IVAC, B/P machine, CPM, etc.) used on a daily basis.
* Cleans and stores equipment properly such as rolling bed scale, wheel chairs, bedside commodes, etc. Cleans and keeps work
areas and patient rooms neat and tidy on a daily basis.
* Updates the patients' bulletin boards in their rooms as needed on a daily basis. Checks the patient food trays for accuracy of
diets and distributes as directed by nurse on a daily basis.