Provides medical social services under the direction of a physician and Interdisciplinary Group to assist in the understanding of
significant social and emotional factors related to the patient's health status and in development of coping mechanisms.
* Assists the patient, significant others, physician and health care team staff to understand significant personal, emotional,
environmental and social factors related to the patient's health status on an as needed basis.
* Contributes as a health care team member to the development of a comprehensive, integrated Plan of Care for patients on a
* Instructs health care team members on community resources available to assist patients on a as needed basis.
* Plans for continuity of care with hospitals and community agencies on an as needed basis.
* Assesses social and emotional factors related to patients illness to determine ability to cope with daily living problems on as
* Assists the patient and significant others to understand, accept and follow medical recommendations on as needed basis.
* Assists the patient and significant others in utilizing community resources as needed.
* Identifies gaps in community resources and stimulates resource development and|or improvement as needs arise.
*Visits patient according to Plan of Care. Completes a clinical note for each visit and submits clinical notes to the agency on a
daily basis. The MSW will give daily report to the Administrator regarding patient visits to ensure continuity of the Care
* Participates in LHC Connect and completes all required hospice assigned modules on-line and attends assigned in-services on a
*Able to function as Bereavement Coordinator and supervise the provision of bereavement services reflective of patient|family
needs if needed. Establishes a Plan of care that addresses bereavement needs with clear delineation of services to be provided
and frequency of service delivery up to thirteen (13) months following the death of the patient.
* Functions as a preceptor to new hires.
* All other duties as assigned.
* Bachelor's Degree in social work from a school accredited by the Council on Social Work Education or Bachelor's Degree in
psychology, sociology, or other field related to social work and supervised by MSW.
* One year of social work experience in a health care setting.
* Current CPR certification
* Current Driver's License, vehicle insurance, and access to a dependable vehicle or public transportation
* VA: Baccalaureate degree of major studies in social work, sociology, or psychology from a school accredited by the Council on
Social Work Education and at least two years experience in case work or counseling in a health care setting.