Louisiana Extended Care in partnership with Glenwood Hospital.
LHC Group is the preferred post-acute care partner for hospitals, physicians and families nationwide. From home health and hospice care to long-term acute care and community-based services, we deliver high-quality, cost-effective care that empowers patients to manage their health at home. Hospitals and health systems around the country have partnered with LHC Group to deliver patient-centered care in the home. More hospitals, physicians and families choose LHC Group, because we are united by a single, shared purpose: It's all about helping people.
* Able to obtain vital signs to include temperature, pulse, blood pressure, respirations, and SaO2 accurately on a daily basis.
* Measures fluid intake and output accurately every shift. Measures meal intake daily in percentages and submits to the nurse
taking care of the patient at the end of the shift.
* Collects specimens according to hospital policy and procedure on an as needed basis. Able to give enemas, douches, and/or
sitz baths as directed according to hospital policy and procedure on an as needed basis.
* Follow s standard and isolation precautions according to hospital policy and procedure on a daily basis.
* Able to recognize potential for or actual skin problems and reports to the nurse on an as needed basis.
* Able to bathe patients according to hospital policy and procedure on a daily basis. Able to perform ADL's as directed by the
nurse on a daily basis.
* Makes patient beds according to hospital policy and procedure on a daily basis.
* Able to apply splints and adaptive equipment as directed by therapists or nurse on as needed basis.
* Able to follow through with the Bow el and Bladder program for patients as directed by nurse.
* Follow s all/Risk protocol by careful observation of those patients that are at risk for falls on a regular basis.
* Able to obtain accurate patient w eight using rolling sling bed scale, wheel chair scale, bed scale and/or standup scale on as
* Demonstrates safe and proper transfer techniques and body mechanics when working with patients such as when turning or
* Correctly administers dysphagia techniques during meal time with patients that have swallowing problems on a daily basis.
* Able to demonstrate the proper use of equipment as directed by the nurse or therapist according to hospital policy and
procedure (IVAC, B/P machine, CPM, etc.) used on a daily basis.
* Cleans and stores equipment properly such as rolling bed scale, wheel chairs, bedside commodes, etc. Cleans and keeps work
areas and patient rooms neat and tidy on a daily basis.
* Updates the patients' bulletin boards in their rooms as needed on a daily basis. Checks the patient food trays for accuracy of
diets and distributes as directed by nurse on a daily basis.