The Care Transition Liaison (CTL) within a facility or physicians office acts as a resource for all patients referred to home health.
The CTL will facilitate transition of patients between referring physician or host hospital to LHC agency. The CTL will educate the
patient and/or family on HH practices and confirm acceptance of the agency based on the ability to meet patient needs.
LHC Group is the preferred post-acute care partner for hospitals, physicians and families nationwide. From home health and hospice care to long-term acute care and community-based services, we deliver high-quality, cost-effective care that empowers patients to manage their health at home. Hospitals and health systems around the country have partnered with LHC Group to deliver patient-centered care in the home. More hospitals, physicians and families choose LHC Group, because we are united by a single, shared purpose: It's all about helping people.
* Facilitate referral of new/ existing patients to home health agency following Right of Choice
* Following choice, collaborates with Physician and/ or Case Manager in identifying the referred patientâ€™s needs and obtains
approval for admission from LHC agency
* Obtains appropriate medical record information needed and sends to appropriate agency
* Coordinates start of care between hospital/ Physician and LHC agency
* Under the direction of the branch, collaborates with appropriate CM and/ or Physician for completion of order sets needed to
* If license allows, reduce to writing any verbal orders received from physician and follow up to have orders signed by physician
* For physician office referrals, assists with processing requests to the physician for medication refills for patients admitted to
LHC Agency, when applicable, based on licensure of employee
* Communicates to Executive Director any complaints/ concerns from the Physician office/ Host Hospital. The Executive Director
will follow up to ensure issues are handled appropriately
* Serves as a resource to the CM, Physician office, and patient as it relates to HH
* All other duties assigned by manager
* Prior hospital, Physicians office, Home Health, or Hospice experience preferred
* Current Drivers license, vehicle insurance, and access to a dependable vehicle or public transportation
* LPN/ LVN License required