* Assists the patient, significant others, physician and health care team staff to understand significant personal, emotional,
environmental and social factors related to the patient's health status on an as needed basis. Able to be alternate social work
to other agencies in state when needed.
* Contributes as a health care team member to the development of a comprehensive, integrated Plan of Care for patients on a
* Instructs health care team members on community resources available to assist patients on an as needed basis.
* Collaborates with hospitals and community agencies to promote continuity of care on an as needed basis.
* Assesses social and emotional factors related to patients illness to determine ability to cope with daily living problems on as
* Assists the patient and significant others to understand, accept and follow medical recommendations on as needed basis.
* Assists the patient and significant others in utilizing community resources as needed.
* Identifies gaps in community resources and stimulates resource development and/or improvement as needs arise.
Visits patient according to Plan of Care, completes a clinical note for each visit, and submits clinical notes to the agency on a
daily basis. The MSW will give daily report to the Administrator regarding patient visits to ensure continuity of the Care
* Participates in LHC Connect and completes all required hospice assigned modules on-line and attends assigned in-services on a
* Able to function as Bereavement Coordinator and supervise the provision of bereavement services reflective of patient|family
needs if needed. Establishes a Plan of care that addresses bereavement needs with clear delineation of services to be provided
and frequency of service delivery up to thirteen (13) months following the death of the patient.
* Functions as preceptor and mentor for new hire social workers through orientation, on-going education, and completes
discipline-specific annual competencies as needed.
* Assist with Social Work and Bereavement Policy development and revisions.
* Provides quarterly education to Hospice staff related to psychosocial issues.
* All other duties as assigned.
Education & Experience
* Master's Degree from a school of Social Work accredited by the Council of Social Work Education.
* One year of social work experience in a health care setting.
* Current CPR certification required.
* Current Driver's License, vehicle insurance, and access to a dependable vehicle or public transportation.
* GA : Must be licensed as a Social Worker from the State Board of