* Possesses knowledge and skills for basic airway maintenance and advanced airway maintenance if indicated (Endotrachael
* Performs arterial punctures to obtain arterial blood gas analysis, if indicated by physician's order; understands the possible
complications and contraindications associated with the procedure.
* Demonstrates knowledge and understanding of oxygen concentrations and medication doses as they relate to patients of
varying ages, including adults and geriatric patients.
* Demonstrates knowledge and understanding of the differences in techniques and treatment modalities as performed on
patients, including adults and geriatric patients.
* Manages and operates equipment in a safe manner. Inspects and tests respiratory therapy equipment to ensure that it is
* Oversees the documentation of all pertinent data on the respiratory therapy progress notes with each visit.
*Demonstrates the ability to use/perform: IPPB treatments, Hand-held Nebulizer treatments, Incentive Spirometer, Aerosol treatments, Chest PT, postural drainage, percussion, cough, Pulmonary Function testing, Pulse Oximetry, Training in breathing exercises, CPAP, Other methods of treatment/equipment upon physician orders
* Knows the proper method and follows hospital policies and protocols for cleaning, disinfecting and sterilizing equipment used to provide respiratory care services.
* Participates in Performance Improvement Activities as a part of the interdisciplinary team.
* Maintains knowledge of the various methods of oxygen delivery and is able to assess possible side effects of oxygen delivery.
* Performs initial patient evaluations per physician's order within the determined time frame.
* Administers respiratory treatments according to physician orders or supervises nursing staff in the delivery of treatments.
* Able to recognize the possible side effects of treatments and reports any side effects to the Physician, charge nurse or DON immediately.
* Performs N-95 Respirator fit testing for employees.
* Monitors and assesses patients on telemetry|cardiac monitors.
* Completion and documentation of vital signs, blood glucose monitoring and other delegated tasks.