- Collaboration with Regional Director to review resumes for recruitment of new employees, to include ride alongs with potential candidates. Regional will complete a phone interview.
- Foster staff retention:
- Development and Mentorship of providers – assist with charting skills development, and clinical practice support.
- Preceptor to new providers in the market.
- Clinical chart audits after level of service competency is established; if needed, ongoing audits for competency and ride alongs for additional training needs.
- Provider follow up for recent new providers to ensure provider is comfortable in new role; assess for need of additional training.
- Support new staff through regular reviews of their progress, for a minimum of the first 30 days of employment, to include daily telephone or face time contact, discussion of chart reviews, case conferences to discuss difficult patients, and support for increasing the new employee’s patient panel through reassignment of current patients relative to team load, driving distances, etc.
- Lead monthly team meetings to disseminate important practice information and operations procedures/changes; maintain a monthly attendance log and disseminate questions concerns from meeting to the Regional director.
- Oversee providers for scheduling, charting, orders, role of care coordinator, call rotation, medication management, billing/level of service, productivity expectations, clinical management, human resources, financial resources, etc.; answer questions about how to access resources.
- Ensure providers on the team are following clinical best practices and fostering the overall quality program for the practice including HEDIS/MIPS measures determined for that year and other quality initiatives the practice adopts.
- Ensure providers are meeting billing and coding competency, including frequency of visits and patient management through Regional audits and compliance audit feedback.
- Manager will see a subset of each team member’s patients periodically to monitor and assess patient satisfaction.
- Develop a thorough understanding of practice metrics provided through the Provider Dashboard and collaborate with Regional for monthly calls to review.
- Managing staffing and time off requests based on needs of the territory, collaborates with Regional to determine when patient levels necessitate additional staff.
- Maintain an active community presence within the assigned territory; this includes meetings with referral sources, home health case conferences, and managing relationships with assisted and community living facilities.
- Maintain an active presence in the market. Manage support services and other clinical resource representatives (DME, pharmaceutical reps, etc.) within the assigned territory with expectations of growth.
- Produce an annual report for management, to include review of provider retention, market growth, barriers to growth, and a discussion of effective practices (administrative, clinical) used for your team; expected to provide, for review, a log of team meetings, brief notes to chart reviews and communication with new employees, and a discussion of any disciplinary actions and their outcomes (most often will be in conjunction with your annual review). To be included with manager annual review.
- Master’s Degree in Nursing; Certified as a Nurse Practitioner from a national certifying body or completion of an accredited Physician Assistant Program.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office products.
Sorry the Share function is not working properly at this moment. Please refresh the page and try again later.
Share on your newsfeed